Thursday, September 30, 2010

The "Feeding Frenzy" is over!

On Monday I was finally able to reduce my steroids to one tablet a day - and I am thrilled to announce that yesterday my appetite dropped significantly - whoo hoo - I am no longer obsessed with food!!!! It is a great feeling - and now I'm just looking forward to losing some of this weight!

I was put onto different antibiotics yesterday, as I still cannot seem to shake this chest infection - so hopefully it will clear up in the next couple of days. I am waiting for an appointment for a CT scan, just so they can check what is happening in my chest. I am still feeling really well, I have a couple of issues with my sight (judging if the ground is flat or not and things like that), and am a little shaky in my hands - I am feeling REALLY well (and happy) other than that! Oh, and did I mention I have a brown forehead!! Someone even asked if I had had my teeth whitened my face is so brown :-)!

Marc and Millie are both well - Millie is back at daycare a couple of days a week which is great for her. Marc said that she was so excited to be back there that she was trying to throw herself out of the car!

This weekend we are going to pick out some Cacti for our landscaping project (Marc will post some photos on the weekend) - and then we will spend Saturday afternoon at Norman and Sue's having a repeat of last Saturday (carn the Pies)!

Lou
x

4 comments:

  1. Glad you are getting over the food frenzy, its just hideous, lol. I have a brown freckly boob and armpit now which looks hilarious compared to the rest of my lily whiteness. Feeling very lopsided with one freckled and the other not, hahahahahahaha. Enjoy Saturday and GO PIES! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - no more food obsessions!? Whatever will we talk about now!?? LOL!
    Glad to hear about the drop in your meds! xxx

    Here's hoping your next set of magical meds will clear that chest infection and it will be an all clear CT appointment! :-) Brown face? Crazy! At least you don't need to worry about any bronzer ... unlike myself who has had their first shitty attempt at fake tan for the warmer weather! As Zara would put it, I look like a "Terracotta Warrior"!! ... and a stripey one at that!!!

    Glad to hear that Marc and Millie are well and from the sounds of it ... pants-less Millie is BACK! :-)

    Looking forward to seeing Marc's pics of the new garden! I'm sure it will all look awesome! :-)

    Have fun at your repeat Granny ... we'll be doing our repeat Granny with Brett and Jules again too! Hey to all the NZ crew! xxx

    Speak to you soon, Lou Lou - but until then:
    LOVE YOU!!!!

    Lotsa Luv -
    Gina, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just baked a choc cake with beaut icing (in case you drop in) and now I read :food obsessions over !!!!
    Great NZ fresh air and a good blanket should clear this chest and rest rest and more rest.
    Get yourself an Aloe Vera plant (not cream), rub the juice on your unwanted brown spot on your forehead.
    Have a nice week end, supervising Marc in the garden and a good pie on Saturday avo !!
    The Witch has spoken !!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Louise, Marc and Mille.

    Glad to hear you are feeling well, enjoy Saturday with Norman and family although i don't understand your passion for AFL, spoken from a true Rugby League fan, Dave and I are waiting for tomorrow NRL final.

    Take Care

    Tracey and Dave

    ReplyDelete