Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Another Grand Final, cacti shopping...and a trip to the hospital!

We had a great weekend "re-celebrating" the AFL Grand Final at Norman and Sue's, followed by breakfast and Cacti shopping on Sunday. I never realised how much fun shopping for Cacti could be - we had an absolute ball - and our new Cacti bed looks amazing.

The boys on Grand Final day.


On Monday night I had dinner with Armin, Penny and Sarah at a really cool restaurant / bar in Kingsland - the food was delicious, and the decor was really funky! We had a fantastic night.

We met with Dr Jose on Tuesday (my Radiation Dr) - everything seems to be going according to plan, although I did get a telling off for taking too many sleeping tablets every night (the steroids keep me awake)! He is going to leave the scheduling of the brain scan (and the decision as to whether I can fly or not yet) with Dr McCrystal (my Oncology Dr) who we meet with next Tuesday. Still no driving. The good news is that I think the radiation has JUST missed my eyebrows and eyelashes which is exciting! I have also lost 3 kilo's, and my "moon face" swelling is slowly reducing.

I was admitted to hospital today, as still having problems with my breathing. They have done lots of blood tests, a CT scan and a chest x-ray. This has ruled out a blood clot (which they initially suspected), and pneumonia. The lung tumors have grown since the last scan, although not significantly, so they don't think that they are causing my symptoms, however there are small spots of infection in my lungs. At this stage they are treating me with high dose IV anti-biotics - and we will know more in the morning when the official results come back.

Marc is at home with Millie tonight and will be in in the morning. Millie is having a 'phantom pregnancy' (can you believe it?) - so she is extra hungry, and putting on weight etc!!!

I'll post an update once we know more.

Lou
x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lou lou :) thinking about you this morning I bet the hospital food will help you lose some more weight hehe! keep us posted yeah. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some funky looking cacti in that cart, Marc!
    Now we just need to see pics of them in the garden! :-)

    Looking forward to hearing some more positive updates shortly Lou Lou - hoping that "Dr Mac" comes through with the flight clearance! :-)x

    Hoping that the hospital gets these infection spots cleared up for you ASAP! We love you and will speak to you soon ... until then -
    LOVE YOU!!!

    Gina, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete