Thursday, September 9, 2010

Brunch, Wig Shopping and only 5 "Zaps" to go

This morning Mumsie and I met with Sue for a lovely brunch at The Hardware Cafe which was delicious - great company and scrumptious food - not to mention the coffee!!



After that, we went to the Wig Shop - to try and find me the perfect wig before my hair falls out early/mid next week. Wig shops are horrendous places......I am sure that most of the wigs are designed to be worn by people aged 50+ that look something like Deidre from Coronation Street.......not really meant for someone like me with quite thin/flat hair. Anyway, luckily the girls were lovely and we had a laugh or too.

Not sure if this is "the" wig yet - I will have to drag poor Marc there early next week to get his opinion on the new do!

After that it was my 5th session of radiation - half way through!!! Still going really well - no side effects - and still not feeling a thing!

Then Penny popped over  for some cheese and Pinot - we had a great time chatting. And then Mumsie made her delicious pasta for dinner - and we are now enjoying our last night together before she flys home tomorrow. I will be very sad to see her go, as we have had such a great time over the last 10 days - and really couldn't have done everything without her help - especially putting up with my manic moods from the steroids and multitudes of "to-do" lists and tasks to constantly check off - thanks for your patience Mumsie!

Marc is currently on his way home, so it will be lovely to see him tonight - and to spend a lovely relaxing weekend together - I have missed him a lot.

Lou
x

6 comments:

  1. I would have loved to be in the wig shop with you !!!!All you fans thank Mumsie as well. And welcome home to Marc....no hotwater bottle tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you've had a wonderful day Lou and keeping positive. Yes wig shopping is certainly an experience. I too found majority were for much older woman, and the volume of hair was insane, way too much. One wig i thought looked ok made me look like harpo marx, mwahahahhahahaha. But we had a good laugh about it. I made the experience into a fun day with friends and family as you have, need to keep a sense of humour about these things. I opted for a short and longer style wig for variety. And completely different to my long curly hair. The positives of this experience is i get to go through the process of different looks. Cant wait to see which one you choose this time. Keep smiling hun. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the other gals have said - wish I could have been there for the wig shopping! I'm sure you will find the right fit - and the beauty of the wig is...if you decide you don't like it or it's too short, you can always opt for a longer do .... unlike me when I chopped all my hair off super short! LOL!

    As Rose-Marie says - well done to you, Mumsie! We're all glad you can be there to help out through all the to-do lists and the eating expeditions!
    :-D

    Glad to hear that Marc is home for you and Millie and that you all get to have a lovely weekend together! xxx

    As always - much love to you all and really glad to hear that all's going well with your treatment at the halfway mark! :-D

    LOVE YOU!!!!
    Gina, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome is Mumsie ala Judy!

    Driving around a busy city, being game to carry Millie in the bag into the hospital (OMG) - what a laugh, and being there!!!

    She has been amazing ah Lou? And you are amazing too! Wow the Amazing Duo!

    We have loved the get togethers while Judy has been here, the platters of nibbles have been devine and the chitter chatter :)

    Love Penny & Armin & Meggie and Hollie xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending a little love your way; hope things get brighter every day ........

    Love Sal xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending you a lot of love and hugs, Lou, your Mum must be so proud of the way you are handling this and staying so positive. Take care and thinking of you all the time. love Pam xxxxx

    ReplyDelete