Sunday, September 5, 2010

The "girls" Dinner Party

Last night we had a "girls" Dinner Party - Mumsie, Armin, Penny, Sue, Sarah, Millie and I.


















I willl get my food obsession out of the way first and tell you about the delicious food (apologies in advance for the detail)!. The antipasto was Mumsie's creation - cheeses, biscuits, dips, olives, sundried tomatoes, meats, quince paste, gherkins, pears, grapes and pate. This was followed by Armin's Luscious Lasagna, Sue's Garlic Ciabatta, and Sarah's Salad....mmm...it was SO tasty. AND then Armin whipped up her famous Boysenberry Dumplings (with Cream and Ice Cream)!!! I packaged up some of the leftover lasagna for Sue and Sarah - however swiftly put the remainder of the dumplings away for tonight - seriously....the steroids are KILLING me!

The night was really great, and Millie was on her best behaviour, spending most of the night sound asleep in her 3/4 pants in front of the heater . It was a really casual night, lots of bubbles, and lots of laughs trying to get the "self portrait" photos happening....how funny!


By the end of the night I was tired, however the exciting thing was that I managed to get my first solid 3 or 4 hours sleep which was amazing, as I have been having so much trouble sleeping over the last couple of weeks on the steroids. My body is tired, my brain just won't turn off (or down)!

Today has been a quiet day, tucked up in side - just about to pop around to Armin and Penny's for a cup of tea.

Lou
x


4 comments:

  1. I think I need to fly over just so I can have a dinner party with you guys, for some reason I have the exact same obsession... must run in the family! Tea with cup cakes and fairy bread ummm nom nom.
    Love Millies little army pants (they are so this season).
    The blog is great Lou, first thing I open when I get to work, photos are great as well!
    Much Love and say hi to the big bro.... he never answers his phone tsk tsk :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi guys. miss your presence in NSW.
    great to see you up and about Lou. plan to visit NZ soon. must come over and visit

    Trish Bacales

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a fabulous night Lou. Yes the steroids were a killer for me too, couldnt get enough food, and foods i would never have eaten before, was quite bizarre. I had a treatie bag constantly stocked with junk, lol. And can so relate to the buzzing around and not sleeping, grrrrrrrrrr. But, you are looking fantastic and great to see you enjoying good times with friends and family. Keep smiling. :)

    xxx janette belleville

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you all had a good time, wish I could have been there for the dinner, sounded yummy. Oh and where is the group photo of the boing boings?
    You look great Lou, hope to see you soon.

    Lots & lots of love.
    Tracy.

    ReplyDelete