Monday, September 20, 2010

The "Buzz Cut", Yum Cha and a $5 Cupcake

On Saturday, Marc and I had our appointment at the wig shop. Jenna was absolutely wonderful, and did a fantastic job "buzzing" my hair off. It was actually such a relief as my hair was feeling really "toxic" from the radiation, so it was great just to get rid of it. Marc was extremely patient whilst we finalised the wigs - while I was imagining what they will look like when my "balloon" face is gone!


On Sunday we were supposed to have lunch with Norman and Sue and the kids, however poor Hannah had come down with a head cold (which I have to stay away from), so Marc and I went to Yum Cha instead....and it was delicious!


On the way back to the car - we found a Cup Cake shop, that just sells Cup Cakes - so of course we had to pick one of those up for afternoon tea!

It was a great weekend!

Tomorrow I have my appointment with Dr McCrystal, so we will find out when my chemo will start again, followed by lunch with Ryan, Ruth, Ness (my friends from the office next door) and Armin. 

Love Lou
x

5 comments:

  1. I've been hanging out for these pics, Lou Lou!
    As per usual, you're looking beautiful - great photography from Marc! ;-P
    ...and Marc is looking good too!

    The cupcake looks delish!
    ...can't believe you only got one! ;-P

    Looking forward to the continuing updates - until then...we
    LOVE YOU!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Louise, you look lovely in these photo's, and you look great blonde.
    We love you, and always in our thoughts.
    glad you have found a cup cake shop, they are all over here.
    take care, love to Marc & Millie. xx

    love Auntie Delia & Nanaxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very cute you are. I love your choice of hair style. Your choice of husband too by the way...not bad, not bad at all !!!
    Well tomorrow will be a new episode and I hope that Dr McChristal knows who is dealing with(fans included).
    With you always
    GrrrrMaman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lou and Marc,

    Bet Marc was lovin' that last comment!
    Thanks for your text. I've no idea what time you got the one I sent. I got yours at 02.50am was awake anyway with Tia! Note to self: must work out time difference before I wake you:)
    Am off to see Nana and Delia this weekend. Tia and I are hoping for mini sausages and treats as usual.
    Glad to see you are still smiling and staying one step ahead of the game.
    Miss you and wish Easyjet flew to NZ fast time.

    Love Sal xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the new hairdo hun, looks fab. Great length, style and color. Yum Cha soooooo delicious,havent been in a couple of months. You now got me thinking its well overdue. As for the cupcake, very cute, almost too cute to eat.....almost, hehehehehhehe.

    ReplyDelete