Tuesday, September 7, 2010

3 "zaps" down and a little dog in a bag!

Well, it has been another two really good days, and the sessions of the radiation have continued to be really easy! Having said that - the mask was a little tight today, and the girls assured me that it was normal with the fluid retention/swelling from the steroids (although I think that they were just being nice :))! You really don't feel a thing, and I still do not have any of the side effects which is wonderful!

We managed to find a bag for Millie (thanks PITC) , so have been smuggling her into the hospital with us everyday - everyone loves her!




















My weekly appointment with Dr Jose went well yesterday. Good news was that they are zapping me 10 times, instead of the standard 5 (so giving it a good go) - bad news was I cannot lower the steroids for at least another week. That means little or no sleep - and still racing at a million miles an hour (not to mention the food....mmmmm)! Not long to go though, so have decided to enjoy nice brunches and lunches guilt free for this week!

I am feeling so truly positive about the treatment so far. Already the numbness in my fingers has reduced, my headaches have subsided, my balance feels perfect and I am feeling really well - and happy!

Thank you all so much for your continued messages and support - it helps more than you can imagine.

Lou
x

6 comments:

  1. Hi Louise,
    thats good news today for you. and glad that you are feeling better, Nana & I love you with all our hearts and think of you every monent of the day.
    Millie looks lovely sitting in her bag, what a smart one.
    love you, Auntie Delia & Nana, love to Marc he is wonderful. & Judy.xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lou

    glad you are feeling some improvements, wonderful news. Millie does look very cute, hehehehhehehe, so good she can go along with you.xxx janette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last read of the day and I love it. Don't bother closing the door of the fridge. I will do some sleeping for you. I am so glad Millie goes to the Hospital with you.
    Big Hug
    GrrrrrrrrrrrMaman

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delighted to hear that treatments are progressing with no side effects ... eating doesn't count - I consider that therapy! :-)

    Just loving that you sneak Millie in with you ... glad she can be there with Nanna Judi to look after you! The girlie gang!

    Speak to you soon!
    LOVE YOU!!!!
    Gina, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly xxxxxx
    PS - Duke and Shadow are jealous that they can't be there to hang out with Millie! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh those piccies of little Mil's are SO CUTE!!!!!!

    Glad to hear your treatment is going well so far - it is sounding very promising :)

    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou,

    You are truly an inspriation to the world! Even though I am so far away, with this blog I feel like I am with you all the way. Delia's comment has made me cry so off to get a tissue:)
    Take care sweet pea.

    Love Sal xxx

    ReplyDelete