Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Full steam ahead

Today Marc and I had a really good meeting with Dr McCrystal - everything is full steam ahead to start chemo again tomorrow which is really positive news. I will have it once every three weeks, and the side effects are expected to be quite minimal which is great news too. I have had one session of it before, however I think that the brain tumours were causing more of the side effects than the chemo itself - so it will be interesting to see how I go this week. I will have a CT scan in the next 3-4 weeks just to make sure that everything is behaving itself, and then I might be cleared to fly in about 6 weeks time.......Melbourne and/or Fiji - here we come! I have picked up a 'slight' chest infection, so we are on antibiotics just to make sure that doesn't hinder anything.

I donned my 'j-lo' wig today, and had a great lunch with Ryan, Ruth, Ness and Armin - followed by a sweet muffin. Today my steroids dropped from 3-2 and touch wood I have only had one 'wig-out' (that was for you Gina) at Marc - so that is progress too.

Lou
x

7 comments:

  1. Hehehehe - wig out ... LOL!
    That one just doesn't get old for me!
    :-P LOL!

    Excellent news that chemo starts again so soon ... fingers crossed for no/minimal side effects! Flight clearance - how exciting!!!

    Looks like you all had a brilliant lunch and you're looking super hot in your "J-Lo" wig, Lou Lou!

    Speak soon - but until that time: LOVE YOU!!!
    G, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news regarding treatment,sending positive vibes your way that all goes well and minimal side effects. Loving the "J-Lo" look hun.So glad hats are in season this year, i am loving mine. Will be thinking of you tomorrow, keep smiling beautiful lady. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great news Lou!!! So happy to hear that all is going well... Love the blog :)
    Lots of hugs and kisses,
    Luv Juliana, Brett and Tajie xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the posts coming. We are following your progress every day.

    Your friends from the fruit(y) farm.

    Peter & Solveig

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news....Dr Mc"Chrystal" has been upgraded to Dr Mc"Diamond" : Chemo once every 3 weeks, steroids dose down, holidays in 6 weeks..Youpee !
    Keep away from any germs (not you Marc)and don't forget your antibiotics......Dr McBallard talking.
    Much Love

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fantastic news, Lou! You are looking gorgeous, and I love the j-lo wig.

    Thinking of you, but totally jealous about Fiji! I've heard it's lovely over there (and the food is pretty good too!!)

    Big hugs and take care of you!

    Jac xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Louise,
    Good news about the chemo, glad your good on your reduced dose !!!

    Lets hope that your clear to fly, something lovely for you to look forward to.

    Love you, as always, Nana & Auntie Delia xxxxx

    ReplyDelete