Monday, September 27, 2010

Chemo, Grand Final and a High Tea

I started my chemo again last Wednesday, and although I was a little tired towards the end of the week, I am still feeling really well. I had some severe leg pain on Saturday and Sunday morning from one of the drugs which was horrible, however a "quick release" morphine tablet soon sorted that out!

On Saturday we spent the day at Norman and Sue's with Armin and Penny watching the AFL Grand Final - it was a great day (although I was disappointed at the way the match ended), although it gives an excuse to do it all again at Norman and Sue's next weekend!

On Sunday, we were invited to the SPCA (Society of Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) High Tea by Rob and Carole from Pets in The City (where Millie goes to doggie daycare) at the Stamford Plaza - and we had a fantastic afternoon. It was lovely to get dressed up, put on some high shoes, wear my black glittery hat, and enjoy delicious food and great company. We got to spend some time with Jules who owns Rocco - Millie's best friend who is just the most adorable French Bulldog you have ever seen - so that was wonderful too.

Lou
x

3 comments:

  1. Yay! Photos! :-)

    Looking great Lou - I say get on the morphine more often if it helps!
    Hip, hip hooray for quick release, huh!? x

    How bloody frustrating was the footy!? I was going for the Pies - only for Jules and Brett, cos I can't stand them any other time! LOL!
    We'll be back at their house for the repeat next weekend too! Say hey to the NZ gang for us and have a glass of red or two for me! x

    The high tea sounds like it was fantastic!
    I take it the Stamford wasn't admitting Millie or Rocco for the tea!?

    Take care - we love you, thanks for the great update ... I was wondering how everything was going! :-)

    Speak soon, poppet!
    LOVE YOU!!!
    G, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. At last some update. Keep those legs up with a good book and a plate of cup cakes !! I love the picture, what a great idea wearing the hat, the dress looks very elegant but can not see the shoes !
    I watched the footy as well even though I don't understand the rules but can not understand why they didn't play overtime. Like you say an other excuse for a party.
    Keep resting and get ready to jump on the plane.
    A bientot (to soon in french)
    Much love
    Grrrrrrand Maman

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look absolutely fabulous Lou! Love the hat, love the outfit, you wear it all soooo well. Great that steroids are behind you and hopefully the chest naughties will scoot soon too. Heard you were at work for a bit this last week, well done. Thanks for all the updates. Keeping us all in the know is really special of you, much appreciated. Send Marc love and Millie a big smooch from H and I. Lots of love from Justine and Ryan also. Hugs and kisses to you
    xxx Shelley

    ReplyDelete