Saturday, October 23, 2010

The Dynamic Duo

On Thursday, Marc and I went to have our dose of my "clever little sea sponge" and we were delighted to be welcomed by Paula and Lisa the same chemo nurses who looked after me in 2007. They have moved buildings into this beautiful old convent, which is decorated so perfectly and looks incredible! Paula was fantastic as always, and the entire process only took 20 or 30 mins (I think it would have taken 5 minutes if we weren't talking and laughing so much)!

The side effects have been quite minimal at the moment, I felt a little tired and "off" on Thursday afternoon and yesterday, however am starting to feel better today. It is a gorgeous day here in Sydney, so we are off to enjoy the day with Tim.

Yesterday afternoon we had the pleasure in meeting Fran's husband - Dr Hennessy. Sal - you were so right with your comment - Marc and I have truly been blessed with the people that we have crossed paths with. Even with our run of bad luck - there really is a silver lining!! To have Fran and Dr Hennessy on our side is AMAZING! Dr Hennessy took photo's of my retinal tumours on a machine that is the only one of it's kind in the Southern Hemisphere- and they will take more photo's in 4 weeks to see how they are reacting to the treatment. The technology was incredible - Marc thought that he had walked into the twilight zone!!

Next treatment is scheduled for next Thursday, and all going well, I will fly home on Friday.

Lou
x

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update, Lou Lou!
    (I thought the same re: Sal's comment ... so true, huh!?)

    Glad to hear all is on track and thank God you're in with the "in crowd" re: all the treatment technology!

    We hope that you are all having fun hanging out with Tim ... which is a given! :-D

    LOVE YOU GUYS!!!

    Speak soon!
    G, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    XXXXXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Louise,

    Just spoken to Sal and had a look at your recent blogs. You are such a strong girl and an amazing inspiration.

    Sal said you may be in Melbourne everything depending. If you are I would love to come and see you on behalf of the Marshman and of course to give you a hug and lots of love from me too. If this does happen and you would be happy for me to visit then please let me know via facebook (I will email you my number). Also, if you do come down and there is ANYthing that I can do then please do not hesitate to ask and I will be there and do it as soon as I possibly can.

    Thinking of you super girl,

    Penny Irons xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lou,

    Sorry the weather has not been up to scratch today but maybe it suited you just fine to stay under the covers.

    Hope you are feeling good and not having any nasty side effects from Thursday's treatment. Will chat to you tomorrow. Have a great night.

    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lou, just reading through your blog now. You truly do inspire me. I have never met anyone so happy and inspiring as you. I hope that you are feeling well and that things start improve drastically now with your new treatment.

    Just want you to know that you are always in my thoughts.

    Sending lots of love your way
    Lianne, Jase and Cooper xxxx

    ReplyDelete