Monday, October 11, 2010

Homeward Bound

Yesterday my blood count was really good, and my breathing had stabilised, and as a result I was given an "overnight" pass (on the provision that I was back in my bed in my PJ's by 9am this morning)! Marc picked me up and we had a scrumptious Yum Cha lunch - and then headed home to relax around the house. Penny had cooked us a delicious organic chicken curry for dinner which was awesome! Millie was thrilled that we were both at home. Had a great night's sleep - and was back as requested at 9am on the dot! All of the nurses gave me a nice welcome which was lovely!

This morning my blood results were really good, and they have changed all of my medication to tablets - so I have been officially discharged! Marc is on his way to pick me up - WHOO HOO!

We will meet with Dr McCrystal tomorrow, and then touch base with Fran on Friday - who will have our next plan of attack.

Thank you all for your message of support and encouragement - it really means a lot to both Marc and I to know that we have so many people in our corner!

Love Lou
x

3 comments:

  1. Excellent news for you guys!
    We couldn't be more delighted that you get to escape the hospital .... I was just about to fly over there to bust you out!!!
    Make sure they give you some "good time" tablets as well! LOL!
    ;-P
    We LOVE YOU!
    ..and we'll speak again very soon!
    Lotsa Luv, Gina, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been stalking your blog Lou! Good to hear that you are heading home. Nothing like sleeping in your own bed!

    Take it easy and take care and I will continue to stalk you from my kitchen (my fave room in the house!!)

    Love to Marc and Millie!

    Jac xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoo hoo !!!!!You are sooooo GOOD, this is the reason why the nurses at the hospital love you (and of course all of us..... big Fans)

    As Jacinta writes "take it easy" and follow the rules that you know yourself work !
    I am sure that Prof Fran, right now, is rolling up her sleeves and preparing all the tricks for her favorite patient.

    You know that I am on guard for anything you want.
    Much love to YOU, Marc and Millie

    ReplyDelete