Thursday, October 14, 2010

Eat, Pray, Love and Metallica

One of the things on my Bucket List was to be in a book club (just for one book though), so Armin, Penny, Sue, Sarah and myself chose the book Eat, Pray Love to read - and tonight we are heading for dinner at a French restaurant to "discuss" the book (aka "have a good gossip") - and then we are heading to an old movie theatre for the movie premier - it will be a great night!

On the other extreme - Marc went to the Auckland Metallica concert last night with some people from work, and had an absolutely brilliant night! I am still nagging him to update the blog with photos of our new Cacti garden!!

We met with Dr McCrystal on Tuesday, and had a good meeting. Not much of an update now until we speak with Fran late tomorrow afternoon to discuss what the best options are moving forward. We went to see Dr Moller (my AMAZING local doctor) today as my left eye is a little swollen - she is not sure if it is sinus infection, where I dropped my iPad on my face when I fell asleep (don't ask - I'm blaming it on the sleeping tablets), or a "nasty" - so we are waiting to hear back from her about that!

Fantastic news - my best friend from Melbourne - Gina - is flying over tomorrow to spend two nights with Marc and I - so we are both very excited about that. We cannot wait! I have booked dinner on Saturday night at our local Indian restaurant, and plan to have brunch on either Saturday or Sunday morning somewhere nice. I haven't seen Gina since our wedding - way TOO long!

I will let you know when we have an update from Fran.

Lou
x

5 comments:

  1. YAAAAYYYYY!
    One sleep to go!!!! xxx
    Can't wait to see you guys ...and I'm happy to note all the food arrangements!!!
    You may be the one on steroids, Lou Lou ... but I still have a voracious appetite - like I am on steroids ... so food, food, food is a must! LOL!
    Can't wait to see you guys and to meet Millie for the first time and to see your beautiful home! Woo Hoo!
    LOVE YOU!!!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a weekend you have planned! Loving all the dinners you have planned!

    Enjoy your dinner/book club/goss session tonight, and have a fab time with Gina! I'm sure you two will have a ball!

    Glad Marc had a great time at Metallica, I wonder if he played a bit of air guitar..(there are ALWAYS die hard fans that do that)

    All the best for your chat with Fran tomorrow Lou, she sounds amazing! I'll be thinking of you!

    And please, no holding heavy objects when you are sleeping!!!

    Lotsa love,

    Jac xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooooo never going to look at Marc the same way again now that I know he's a Metalica fan!!
    Loved your 'do' today Lou you looked HOT!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bon Appetit for your French dinner tonight. I am going to see the same movie this week end.
    I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you speak to the amazing Professor Fran.
    Thinking as well of your week end with Gina, I hope that you will have a lot of laughs, the best medecine.Please post some pictures...I want to see how your real friend look like !!
    Re : your eye.....I have a spare eye patch for you.
    You must know every single eating places in Auckland.
    With you all the time............
    GrrrrrrMaman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lou,

    Glad to see that you are having fun. Have a great time with Gina. Wish I could join you as actually have nothing on this weekend!

    All my love as always, Salxx

    ReplyDelete