Friday, October 29, 2010

Coming home......

I am currently sitting in the Sydney Qantas Club (.....mmmm....yes, I admit I played the C card and wore a hat not a wig.....thus gaining access to the Club AND access to priority customs (it's got to be good for something hey?)), waiting for my flight home to Marc and Millie - I cannot wait!

The last week or so in Sydney has been wonderful, and Tim has been a wonderful host and looked after me every step of the way - Marc and I could not be more grateful.

I have lots of photos to post, which I will do over the weekend, as I was lucky enough to be able to catch up with a lot of my friends in Sydney during the trip (Tim's parents, Jackie, Naomi, Mindi, Shelley, Francoise, Graaaaand Maaammmaan, Heidi, Fraser, Clover, The Farm Dogs, and all of the Signature Team) which was wonderful (thanks Niri for arranging the delicious Yum Cha lunch)! x

I had my "clever little sea sponge" treatment yesterday, and now I will have a break for a week and a half before my next treatment the week after next. All of my blood tests came back with good results, so we did not need to reduce the dosage as some women are forced to do which was fantastic. Got to spend some time with Fran which as always is amazing. I always feel absolutely on top of the world after any dealings with Fran - she is one of the most incredible people in the world. The only bad news was (and can you believe this???) they have had to double my steroids - which as you all know are my FAVOURITE part of this situation!!! This is just to keep my swollen eye under control, until we can schedule some radiation to disintegrate the little critter that is on the bridge of my nose! So, in the mean time I am (trying to) "suck it up" looking like the Michelin Man  - I think that people think that I am part of some kind of Halloween exhibition or something peculiar... lol!

I will post all of the photos on the weekend.

Lou
x

6 comments:

  1. Lou Lou - I can't tell you how proud of you I am .... you FINALLY used the "C" card!!! YAY!! Geez, from now on - I'd be using it for every flight that I book/take! LOL!

    We're so glad that you had some fab catch up times with all the Sydney folks! Sounds like lots of laughs and eating - a brilliant combination!
    :-D

    Glad to hear that all is relatively on track for you ... damn the side effects from those steroids though! Grrr - there must be some way we can get that swelling down!

    ....but no matter, so long as it's doing the most important job of getting you better - well, that's all that counts... PLUS, even though your face may have a little residual puffiness at the moment, all your fans can see through this temporary mask ... through to our gorgeous Lou Lou!

    We love you and Marc and Millie! XXX
    Speak to you all soon!
    With Much Love, G, Cory, Jalen, Shadow, Duke and Tilly
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Qantas Club hey? Well la de da! That is ace, no lines, no bogans....And you get free stuff right??? hehehe!

    So glad everything went well in Sydney, Lou. It sounded like you had a lot of fun catching up with everyone! I smiled when you mentioned Niri! I remember her! She is just lovely, and I bet the Yum Cha was fantastic! Hmmmmm....

    Enjoy getting spoilt from Marc and Millie when you get home, and put your feet up, have some chocolate and just enjoy being home again!

    Have a wonderful weekend, I've been thinking of you!

    Love Jac xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hrmmmmmmmm perhaps i should have played the "C" card also and removed my wig when my flights were delayed for me recently, lol. Will remember that next time,:) Thinking of you every day hun. keep strong lovely lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is my 3rd attempt and I am losing the plot each time....Technology is not for GrrrrrMamans !!!!

    TO THE FANS.....I had the privilege this week to spend time with Louise and I am still purring !!
    To all of you (fans) who don't have the opportunity to see that beautiful person Louise, she looks fantastic. If you don't know her secrets (!) you would not know what she is going through, the puffiness on her face (nothing like Burt Newton) could be her normal look. Thanks God that no one can see me !!!
    An other thing to all of you FANS....I know all about of you, how fantastic and Beautiful you are and how much love you are getting back.
    The gold medal (Fan category) for the last fortnight should go to TIM in Sydney.

    Qantas gets an extra tick from me...I didn't know such a card exists...Can you wave it at the supermarkets ?

    Double the dose of steroids ? for a good reason. It means I can post the left over carrot cake to you !!!(joke between Louise and me) sorry Fans !
    Marc I am sorry that I missed you, but you knew that your wife was in good hands.
    Hoping that message (if you call that a message) will go through, I send you 3 All my love and thank you for seiing me.

    GrrrrrrrrrMaman

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah Louise, what a lovely courageous girl you have turned out to be. I remember you when you first came to Aussie. I am so pleased you are surrounded by such loving and careing people. My prayers go out to you. Just hang in there girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lou, just sending you lots of love from us all here in Sydney. Looking forward to your return soon for another dose of 'the little sea sponge'. Take care and know we are all praying for your complete recovery!!!!

    ReplyDelete